With this agreement, the company named “SAMPERIS RENT A CAR Limited Personal Company” rents the Vehicle to the “Renter”, as described herein (including any replacement vehicle during the lease) subject to the below terms and conditions as well as those included on the front side of this agreement which the Renter fully and expressly acknowledges and accepts in their entirety without any conditions or reservations.
1. DRIVER’S AGE: The minimum age to rent a Car of Groups (Categories) A,B and C is 21 years old. For all other Car Groups the minimum age is 23.
2. DRIVER’S LICENCE: The driver must hold a valid driving license for at least one (1) year before the lease.
3. MINIMUM RENTAL: The minimum lease period is one day (24 hours). Every hour in excess up to three (3) hours, is calculated at 1/5 of the daily rate. For over three (3) hours excess, the Renter is charged with an additional day.
4. EXTENSION OF RENTAL PERIOD: If Renter wishes to prolong the lease period of the Vehicle, he has to notify the Lessor in writing at least twenty-four (24) hours before the end of the period and to receive the respective written approval. If he fails to do so he will have both civil and penal liability for illegal use and possession of the Vehicle. In case of extension of the lease Renter shall be bound by the terms and conditions both of the initial agreement and the lease extension agreement, either concerning the same Vehicle or any replacement vehicles.
5. DELIVERY AND RECEIPT: The Renter received the Vehicle, which he examined thoroughly and found to his complete satisfaction, in perfect condition and appropriate for the use and purpose he rents it. Renter must return the Vehicle and all documents, tools and accessories that accompany it to the Lessor, in the same condition he received, it at the location and on the date designated on this agreement. Otherwise, and upon expiration of the lease period, Renter will be obliged to pay to the Lessor the normal rental charge, plus expenses for any loss or damage. The Lessor reserves the right to gain repossession and use of the Vehicle at any time without notice and without Renter's consent, at Renter's expense, from wherever and by any means if at the discretion of the Lessor there is danger of damage or loss of the Vehicle as well as risk of not receiving the rental charge or any other due compensation. Besides the above mentioned case, the Lessor has the right to gain repossession and use of the Vehicle if at the discretion of the Lessor the Vehicle has been used in violation of this agreement or beyond the designated lease period.
6. CHARGES: At the termination of the rental period the Renter shall pay to the Lessor, the following sums : a. The daily fixed rental fee for the entire lease period. b. The charges that correspond to the mileage covered by the Vehicle during the lease period, based on the unit price per kilometer, as designated in the official Lessor’s price-list (tariff). The number of the covered kilometers is calculated according to the indications of the kilometer counter at the beginning and at the end of the lease period. In case the kilometer counter does not function, the charge is based on the number of kilometers between distances covered by Renter with the Vehicle. c. All charges concerning refueling of the Vehicle, in case it is not returned with the same amount it had at the time when the Vehicle was delivered to the Renter [“Refueling Service Charge” as such fee is determined in the Lessor’s price-list (tariff)], the “Theft Protection” (TPC), the “Collision Damage Waiver” (CDW), the “Personal Accident Insurance” (PAI), the “Full Damage Waiver” (FDW) and any other charge provided under the terms of this agreement or according to the Lessor’s price-list (tariff). d. Any taxes, duties and other expenses related to the rental of the Vehicle. e. Any Lessor’s costs, including default interest and judicial fees incurred in collecting any kind of payments due to this lease or related to the repossession of the Vehicle by the Lessor. f. Any fines, penalties, judicial costs and other expenses, imposed or to be imposed on the Lessor due to the illegal use of the Vehicle by the Renter. In this later case, the Renter or the additional driver, mentioned on the front side of this agreement, shall continue to be responsible for any illegal acts. g. Any amount necessary for replacement or repairing of destroyed tires or wheels or any sums for restoring damages on the lower part of the Vehicle, for repairing any other damage and also for compensation due to loss of the Vehicle, unless the respective waivers have been accepted and their terms have been applied. h. The additional charge for delivering or returning of the Vehicle and also the charge for its return to a location different from the one designated on the front side of this agreement without Lessor’s written consent, such charge being determined in the Lessor’s price-list (tariff). i. The additional “Airport Service Charge” in case the Renter rented the Vehicle at a Lessor’s branch located in an airport. The Renter agrees and accepts: 1. Granted discounts will be recalled, if settlement of the Lessor’s account is not made within the set limits. 2. All charges are subject to final audit by the Lessor, and the Renter accepts them fully in their entirety with this agreement.
7. DEPOSITS: Deposits of estimated charges are required at the beginning of the lease.
10. ACCIDENTS: In case of any accident or any other incident (fire, theft, etc), the Renter or the additional driver(s) are obliged to do the following immediately: a. Not acknowledge liability or guilt and claims of third parties in any way, direct or indirect. b. Note the names and the addresses of eye witnesses and also the name and the address of the driver, the insurance company and the data of the vehicle, with which the Vehicle may have collided. c. Notify the Police to investigate the liability of the third party and provide care to any injurers. d. Contact with the Lessor immediately by phone or other means (fax etc) and report the incident. e. Obtain all relevant information from any third party. f. Photograph the location of the accident and the vehicles participating in the accident. The Renter must complete and sing an accident/theft report within twenty-four (24) hours, at the nearest Lessor's branch and send any relevant documents or information to the Lessor. In case of theft or loss of the Vehicle, the Renter must report the incident in writing at the nearest police department immediately, or within twenty-four (24) hours at the latest.
11. INDEMNITY: The Renter bears the full and sole responsibility for any loss or damage suffered by the Renter or third parties during the lease period and no claim can be raised from the Renter of third parties against the Lessor for the above reason.
12. INSURANCES: a. The Lessor provides the Renter and any additional driver with insurance coverage by insurance companies of its choice for death or injuries of third parties, passengers or not, of the Vehicle (the Vehicle driver is excluded) to the total maximum amount of 1.000.000,00 € and for material damages of third parties except the Lessor’s vehicle caused on objects inside or on vehicle to the total maximum amount of 1.000.000,00 € provided that they do not violate any term of this agreement or the relevant legislation. b. The Lessor provides insurance coverage against third parties only to those persons who use the Vehicle with its permission, by an insurance policy, the terms of which are available for examination. c. The Renter and additional authorized drivers of the Vehicle are not covered by “Personal Accident Insurance” (PAI) as such term is determined in the Lessor’s price-list (tariff), unless the Renter accepts “Personal Accident Insurance” at the beginning of rental by marking and signing in “Accept” box on the frontside of this agreement, this accepting the coverage provided by the Lessor’s insurance policy for personal accidents, as mentioned in the price-list and paying the respective daily charge. d. Luggage is not covered by insurance and the Renter is responsible for any loss, damage, etc. of the Luggage during the lease period or after the return of the Vehicle to the Lessor.
13. MISCELLANEOUS: a. The Vehicle is always property of the Lessor’s company. This is an agreement of Lease only. The Renter is not Lessor’s agent in any way and in any case. The Renter acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than those stated in this agreement. b. During the lease all additional drivers are jointly and severally liable with the Renter. c. Likewise in case that this agreement is signed by any representative of the Renter, he would be jointly and severally responsible with the Renter. d. This agreement supersedes any other written or verbal agreement between the Lessor and the Renter. e. The Lessor cannot waive any of its rights deriving from the law and this agreement. f. Any alteration of the terms of this agreement is not valid if not agreed in writing. g. The Renter agrees and accepts that all above-mentioned terms are valid both in case of the initial agreement with the Lessor and in any case of extension of this time of the lease and/or replacement of the Vehicle by another. i. The contracting parties acknowledge and accept that all terms of this agreement are substantial and fundamental from the purpose hereof, and in case of violation of any term the Renter is responsible for any loss or damage caused to the Lessor.
14. PERSONAL DATA: The Renter consents to the storage of his personal data. It is strictly agreed that the Lessor is authorized to use such data, when Renter at time of lease makes incorrect statements or violates the terms of this agreement and to pass on such data to the authorities in case there is suspicion of committing a criminal or other offence.
15. JURISDICTION: This Agreement is governed by Greek Legislation and any dispute arising from the interpretation and the implementation of this agreement shall fall within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece.